Wagner Free Institute of Science, founded in Philadelphia in 1855, is a free exhibition space for natural history specimens and hall for public lectures. Designated a National Historic Landmark, Wagner provides library and archive services, publications, tours and classes for school groups, and evening lectures. Wagner came to NFF while planning a capital campaign to stabilize its building and collections, restore historic features of the building, and address deferred maintenance issues. The project included roof replacement, building repairs, and installation of a new HVAC system. NFF has provided four loans totaling almost $2 million to bridge funds from the Institute's capital campaign. This includes $650,000 in New Markets Tax Credits, which attracted additional private investment in the project.
NFF works to create a strong, well-capitalized and durable nonprofit sector that connects money to mission effectively, supporting the highest aspirations and most generous impulses of people and communities.
Nonprofit Finance Fund® is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). © 2012 Nonprofit Finance Fund. All Rights Reserved